Have I Poisoned My Dog? Symptoms, Signs and Treatment

There are many potential contaminants in your dog's surroundings that could be harmful to them. Despite your best efforts, it's still possible for your dog to become exposed to toxins. You might be able to save the life of your pet if you know what to look for. Foaming at the mouth, tiredness, shaking or strange motions, an upset stomach, unusual puffiness, pale gums, or behavioral abnormalities are a few frequent symptoms to look out for. Call your veterinarian right away if you see your dog exhibiting any of these signs or if you think they may have consumed anything harmful. Without specific instructions from your veterinarian, never make your dog vomit.

Causes of dog toxicity


Dogs use their lips and noses to investigate the world, and occasionally they eat items that they shouldn't. Numerous compounds, many of which are present within and around the house, can be poisonous to dogs. Read This: 
Food That Harmful To Your Dog That Can Cause Your Dog Death

1: A lot of foods are consumed by people, including grapes, chocolate, and xylitol-containing foods.
2: Prescribed and over-the-counter drugs (for both humans and animals)
3: A few plants, such as indoor and outdoor plants
4: Chemicals used in cleansers, fertilizers, pesticides, antifreeze, or rat poison
5: Coming into contact with animals like toads

Symptoms of Dog Poisoning


Regardless of the substance or amount your dog inhaled or ate, several signs of poisoning may appear. There isn't just one symptom that you can use to identify the problem. There are some typical signs, which include gastrointestinal or neurological problems, to be aware of. The following symptoms could indicate dog poisoning:

1: Bloody or diarrheal feces
2: Throwing up or losing appetite.
3: Fits or trembles.
4: Behavioral changes 
5: Bleeding or bruising
6: Discovering strange materials in a dog's stool, such as odd green or corn-like things that may be the result of rodenticide consumption.

Your dog's body may experience a wide variety of consequences as a result of poisoning. Some have an immediate impact, while others, such anemia or organ damage, may have a longer-term impact. Additionally, some symptoms, such as liver failure or cardiac issues, such as a rapid heart rate, will be impossible for you to detect on your own. Because of this, it's crucial to take any observable symptoms seriously and to call your veterinarian right away.

How to Respond in an Emergency


It is obvious that not all dogs who have diarrhea or vomiting have been poisoned. Some of these symptoms may be brought on by a  wide variety of factors. However, you should act right away if you have any cause to believe that poisoning occurred, you notice repeated symptoms, or you discover your dog engaging with something harmful. Your dog will have a better outcome if you act quickly. You should take the following actions:

1: Maintain your composure and move your dog from the possibly toxic chemical.
2: Note the circumstance and your dog's signs.
3: Get in touch with your vet. Keep their phone number saved in your phone at all times. Call the company if it is beyond business hours. local emergency room or a hotline for pet poison. Ask if you ought to induce vomiting at home or come in right away.
4: If it's safe to do so, gather any leftover potentially poisonous material or packaging. In the event that your dog has puked, take a sample. By doing this, the vet can better diagnose and care for your pet.
5: Completely adhere to your veterinarian's instructions. If they tell you to enter, do so as soon as you can.

Related Post:

Post a Comment

Please Select Embedded Mode To Show The Comment System.*

Previous Post Next Post